Annan is a town with beautiful red brick structure, about 7 miles west of Gretna, a town at the border of England. The distillery is about a mile north of new residential street and high brick chimney and pagoda-roof from those days still stands today. It was a classic small farmed based distillery established in 1830 by George Donald. This distillery was owned by many men and in 1921 when it was owned by John Walker & Sons LTd, it was closed and became a farm again. There remains bottles used for process water and rust-eaten hatch in the site.