There's a beautiful resort place of port town called Kirkcudbright about 30 miles to the southwest from the center of Dumfriee. The Bank distillery stands on the opposite side of the river Dee in the west side of the town. Findlay & Co ran the place in 1825. The owner changed several times but the place was closed in 1937. The place was rebuilt as a corn mill but now it's used as residential houses. The other name is Bank of Bishoptown and Kirkcudbright.