Glencoull distillery stands by the river South Esk about 5 miles to the north from Forfar. In 1897, Glencoull Distillery Co. rebuilt a grain mill to distillery and started this place. The owner changed several times and in 1929 it was closed. After that in the 1930's The place was again changed to milling factory but in 1992, it was finally torn down. The Excise officer's house stood in front of the structure and now it's name remains as a B & B.