There's an old town called Forres, about 26miles to the east on A96 from Inverness. The distillery stands on the hill about a mile to the south from the town. It was built by Alexander Edward in 1899. The owner changed several times and it was closed in 1983 and Historic Scotland bought it in 1986 and in 1988 it was reopened as distillery museum. Now all the structures are repaired neatly and they have many tourists.