The distillery was run by Thomas Mackenzie in 1897. It was built as the second factory in the Dailuaine Distillery complex. It was shut in 1900. After it repeated work and shutdown, it was merged with DCL in 1925. Decades later, it was purchased by Allied Distillers Ltd. in 1989. After that, it was later sold to Pernod Ricard and closed in 2005. Demolition was started in the autumn of 2012, so we shall never see the steam from the distillery again. The Chivas Brothers plan to build a new distillery on the site in the very near future.
2012 (c)Yumi Yoshikawa